Pages

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Easy Pineapple Cake

IMAG0161For people who saw my pervious post, knows why this one comes in. My experiment on a very easy pineapple cake was highly successful. I’m a beginner at baking and was looking for various recipes of pineapple cake. Having run through some common ones like the Pineapple Cheese Cake and Upside Down Pineapple Cake, I ended up with a simpler recipe from Nicko.


Here goes the easiest recipe for new bakers.

Ingredients
2 Cups of self raising flour (or plain flour + 1 tsp baking powder)
1 Cup of Sugar
About 500 gms of crushed pineapple

Method
Pre-heat the oven to 180 C.
Combine all the ingredients and fold in to make a smooth mixture. Do no whisk it hard.
Pour the mixture into a greased tray and bake for about 20 to 25 min (or till an inserted knife or tooth pick comes clean).
Let it cool in the oven for 5 min and then on a rack.

IMAG0163

I had more of pineapple and hence reduced the amount of sugar to about 3/4th. I also added one tsp of baking powder on top of the self raising flour. I liked it served with fresh cream.

Try for it yourself and let me know your reactions.



Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment