Pages

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Chocolate Spice Bread

Chocolate Spice BreadHaving named my blog after baking, so far I didn’t manage to do even a single bake-recipe. To make a justification for the title and for the appetite, I was searching for some different taste of bread. It was then that I came across The ModerN Baker book. Topped with various baking dishes, tips and tricks, this is a very good book for a beginner at baking. Running through it, I found this Chocolate Spice Bread interesting and more easier.

Another quick reason that prompted me to do this was that I had all the ingredients ready in my pantry., didn’t have to go for shopping and get my dear hubby’s scolding. And there it goes… the Chocolate Spice Bread recipe.

Ingredients
- 1- cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup, alkalized (Dutch process) cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- teaspoon salt
- teaspoon ground cinnamon
- teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 large eggs
- cup granulated sugar
- B/d cup dark brown sugar
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- C/d cup sour cream

Method
1. Set a rack in the middle level of the oven and preheat to 180ºC.
2. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder, salt, and spices in a mixing bowl; stir well
to combine.
3. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs to break them up, then whisk in the granulated sugar
and brown sugar. Continue whisking for a minute, or until the mixture lightens.
Whisk in the butter and sour cream.
4. Add the dry ingredients to the egg mixture all at once and gently whisk until smooth.
5. Scrape the batter into the prepared pan and smooth the top. Bake the bread until it is
well risen and a toothpick or a narrow-bladed knife inserted into the center of the
bread emerges clean, 35 to 40 minutes.
6. Cool the bread in the pan on a rack for 5 minutes, then unmold it and cool it completely on a rack. Transfer the bread to a platter or cutting board before serving.

IMG_0196

Having given the recipe as it was in the book, I did just one change. I didn’t add ginger. As I thought with cinnamon and nutmeg, it will already be enough “spicy”.
This is a rather easy bread to do. But unfortunately doesn’t last long enough in your shelf Winking smile. Goes best with tea time.



Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment