Pages

Monday, May 23, 2011

Wheat Savory Biscuits

Wheat Savoury BiscuitThe other day, I was browsing through recipes to make a savory bread. Came across many of them that included broccoli cakes, bell pepper cakes. Most of them having very less shelf time. Somehow, the search went to savory biscuits. I finally ended up with this Whole Wheat Biscuits. Thought of giving it a try.

Did some slight changes to the recipe in order to not make it fluffy. Believe me or not. It turned up very yummy. Here is my recipe. I was expecting to have some shelf time on this. But ended up leaving just one to be bottled :).

Add to a blender 2 cups of whole wheat flour, 1 tablespoon baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt. Mix well. If you want a spicy flavor, just add basil, thyme and parsley. I didn’t have these in hand immediately. So, simply added the ready to use Italian spices that you use in pizza or pasta.

Mix in 2 tablespoons of butter and about 1/2 cup of milk. The recipe calls for skimmed milk. I just used the regular half fat milk. Blend well to make a smooth dough.

Knead the dough further on a floured surface. Roll to your desired thickness. I made it a bit thinner so that it came out like biscuits. May be this is why it didn’t fluff up for me as in the original recipe.

Cut the cookies and arrange in greased cookie tray and cook in the oven at 200 C for about 10 – 15 minutes. Best to check the color on them. They should just start to get a light brown on the top.

It didn’t take me more than 20 minutes to get my hands on the biscuit from the time I thought of preparing it. An additional good to know is that this is perfectly suitable for diabetes people. Try this quickie out and let me know your reactions.



Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment